Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A rare glimpse...

This is a tribute of sorts to my amazing, brilliant, very hard working hubby. I do not get to see him in action delivering babies and taking great care of patients. These pics are a rare glimpse courtesy of a wonderful photographer we know. Hubby is the one with the super cool curly hair and sweet smile. I am the one who pretty much runs things here at home since hubby is working so much....so it is very special to see him here, in his element...getting ready to go. He has the coolest job...apart from being a Mother, delivering babies has got to take the cake.
Let the pushing begin! Here with a Medical student behind him and a nurse to his left. The other fellow is one of his bosses teaching as they go.
Moment of truth! It amazes me that he has now delivered over 100 babies... He looks like he knows what he is doing :0)
Nothing more beautiful than that...except for our own children of course. A healthy baby boy.

His face says it all...confident, sweet, excited but focused. I wish I got to see him working more often...the operating room must be intense.

Doctor Empey...You have worked soooo very hard to get to where you are. The schooling was long and hard, the residency hours...brutal....the student loans enormous. But it is worth it at moments like this. Every time I put the kids to bed on my own or go to church with out you. Every day we tip-toe around the house so you can sleep during the day to work at night... Even when I look at our bank account and wonder how we will make it all work this month...It is worth it...to see you making such a difference to your patients...ushering in new life. You are amazing and we love you...



3 comments:

annie andersen said...

wow super cool!!! man betcha can't wait till residency is over!!!

Romney said...

Nat--
What a wonderful tribute (and such amazing photos!) Thanks for sharing! (Go, Ryan! You definitely deserved MHS "most likely to succeed!" ;)

Life and times of the doctor's wife said...

Most likely to succeed....wow what a blast from the past...I seem to remember someone else with that title ;0)
We are counting the months until residency is over and life can be a little bit more normal...until then...enjoy the ride!!