I can't believe it. I ran. Not for 5 minutes....or 10. I ran for 16 minutes straight!!!! More importantly... I didn't feel any pain, or the least bit like I was going to die.This progress is unbelievable to me. I have been working at running regularly for about 4 weeks. When I started running, 3 minutes was a huge battle. Every joint was sore and weak. My hips and ankles and even my toes felt like they were just flopping around with every step. I am super encouraged. So much so that I have decided to do my first 5K...I have about one month to prepare. My goal is to run the entire time...that, and sign up early enough to get the t-shirt :0)
4th Fest 5K Run / Walk
2011 Race Information
Kick off your 4th Fest with our annual 5K Run / Walk! The 2011 4th Fest 5K will be held Saturday, July 2. Same-day registration will be from 7:00-7:45 am, with the race starting at 8:00 am. Registration forms will be available online, at Running Wild in Coralville, and at the Coralville Recreation Center one month prior to the event. Registration for the 5K is $15 if postmarked or returned to the Recreation Center by June 24, and $20 on the day of the race. The first 75 entries are guaranteed a t-shirt.
2011 Race Information
Kick off your 4th Fest with our annual 5K Run / Walk! The 2011 4th Fest 5K will be held Saturday, July 2. Same-day registration will be from 7:00-7:45 am, with the race starting at 8:00 am. Registration forms will be available online, at Running Wild in Coralville, and at the Coralville Recreation Center one month prior to the event. Registration for the 5K is $15 if postmarked or returned to the Recreation Center by June 24, and $20 on the day of the race. The first 75 entries are guaranteed a t-shirt.

4 comments:
How great you are doing with your running! Before long you will be running the entire half hour, which is about the time it takes most to do a 5K, between 30 and 35 minutes is average for most anyway. I love 5K races, those are what got me hooked on running and since last year when I did my first one I have ran over 20 races since because they are so fun. Best of luck to you, I know you will do awesome! Have fun.
Good job! I'm a little envious. As you know, this crazy resident schedule, along with the whole motherhood thing, just doesn't give me time to exercise regularly.
Good luck with the 5K. Let us know if you need anything!
Thanks ladies! I love that I am making progress at something because as I have whined before.... I am not making progress in the area of weight loss just yet. Hopefully with a new month (rotation) for hubby, I will be able to get out more times per week.
Are you doing Couch to 5K? I am, and I am totally relating to your last few posts!
Post a Comment