Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Super hero birthday



For weeks I was gathering ideas for Bubba-do's 5th birthday. This was the first time we had done the whole deal with party games and favors etc. He decided that the theme should be super heros. Now I don't like to be super literal when it comes to themed things, so here is what I came up with. Hubby assumed the character of "Evil Dr. Gynostein" (I know...he and the kids actually came up with the name..hilarious) First he dropped bombs (black balloons) that they had to destroy (pop). Then he scattered kryptonite that they had to pick up with tongs and drop in a "safe box" at the other side of a simple obstacle course. Finally, after I revealed the evil doctor's only weakness (silly string) They attacked him with their own cans of the stuff! After each game they earned one part of their super hero costume: Wrist band, mask, and cape. They loved having a cosutme. The masks were bought as is, the wrist bands were those slap on bracelets that I covered in gold glittery foam paper, and the capes were just black fabric with a star sewed on the back. It all turned out so cute! After the games we just had cake and opened presents...simple...fun...fairly easy. Bubba-do just beamed when his big present rolled out...his first big boy bike. He just said "Thanks Daddy!"
Happy birthday buddy. You are now 5 and kindergarten is just around the corner. You are one of the most generous, caring, clever people I have ever encountered. A real super hero.

No comments: