I love to write in this blog. I also love feeling sane....I have not done either for some time!
Here is the new (rental) house in Utah. Yay we are finally home!!! I cannot tell you with any accuracy what it has been like relocating our entire lives half way across the country. We have been here 1 month and I still miss people and places in Iowa. There are still many boxes to unpack and much organizing to do, but we are very thankful for it all. The traveling was awful even though it went smoothly...just so much work. It took a couple of weeks to recover from that. Having hubby home for an extended period of time has been unreal. He officially starts work Sept. 1st so we are enjoying having him around.
It has been great starting to run again here. In Iowa when I ran my typical routes it was on busy streets passing Mc donalds and railroad tracks. Here the trail down the street goes around a beautiful lake or straight to the Temple!
It still doesn't feel real sometimes. Is residency truly over? We actually survived? Am I going to wake up tomorrow in Iowa and realize it was all a dream?
I miss Iowa. Even though we are around so much family and many familiar places, I don't feel like we "fit in" yet. It will take time....In the mean time let's get something to eat at Costa Vida, or Famous Daves, or Jamba Juice, or Leatherby's, or Cafe Rio, or In and Out, etc....because they have those here!!! :0) I really do love being home
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment